Isaac Selvaraj on 10 November 2017

Faulty Meter due to which huge bill

Consumer number 7673

Description of property: 1 Room Kitchen with 350 square feet.

Electrical items in property 1 Fan Two 8 watts energy saving bulb and Two minimal watt energy saving bulb for bathroom and laterine.

Occupancy: No one at property since last 3 months prior to that a couple were residing and both were working. HOUSE WAS USED FOR RENTED PURPOSE.

I have been receiving huge bills since May 2017 due to faulty meter.

Below are the bills amount.

MAY 2017 - Rs. 0.00 (Paid)

June 2017 - Rs. 8 .00. This amount was adjusted by A staff at MSEB office at tatapower kalyan to Rs. 0.00 which was paid.

July 2017 - Rs. 10 .00. This amount was also adjusted by A stall at MSEB office at tatapower kalyan to Rs. 0.00 which was paid.

SEPTEMBER 2017 - Rs. 3 900.

This bill was taken to MSEB office at tatapower house kalyan west who didn't accepted my compliant and requested me to go to Mr. Rathod Sir's office who is an Assistant Engineer MSEDCL at Katemanivali Section at kalyan East.

Approached him who informed me to pay Rs. 3 0.00 under protest and post which only he will change the bill.

I paid that the amount of Rs. 3 0.00 on 14th October 017.

Rathod sir advised that he would be changing the meter in two days on 14th October 017. However two weeks passed but meter wasn't replaced.

Again went to meet Rathod Sir for the same issue on 28th October 2017 who advised that he would be replacing in 2 days. He again requested for copy of bill and payment receipt.

HOWEVER ON 30TH OCTOBER 2017 METER WAS DISCONNECTED FROM MY APARTMENT WITHOUT ANY PRIOR INTIMATION. DURING THOSE PERIOD I WASN'T AVAILABLE AT KALYAN.

I returned on Friday 3rd November 2017 when I noted about meter disconnection. On same day I went to MSEDCL Katemanivali office to meet Mr. Rathod sir however he wasn't available at office and his office staff advised to come tommorow.

Later on Saturday 5th November 2017 again I had to leave all my personal work and go to MSEDCL Katemanivali office for reconnection of meter. Rathod sir didn't turned up. Later after conversation since 9:30am and waiting till 1:30pm assistant of Rathod Sir whose name in Mr. Ingole provided the faulty meter to reconnect it on the property as he is not authorised to issue new meter.

Again request for replacing new meter was taken by one of his staff Mr. Pawan.

Till 9th of November 2017 NO ACTION WAS TAKEN. I again had to go to meet Mr. Rathod sir today who advised that there is no new meter available. Now it's been a month.

WHEN MSEDCL IS UNABLE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED NEW METERS TO THEIR OFFICERS THEN HOW COULD THEY PROVIDE NEW METER TO CONSUMER LIKE US.

I HAVE BEEN RUNNING BEHIND THIS MATTER SINCE LAST 5 MONTHS BUT NO RESOLUTION TILL DATE.

IN between these period received two bills for vacant property.

OCTOBER 017- Rs. 5 0.00

I could find bill for NOVEMBER 2017 AT online amounting to Rs. 1 800. But didn't received the physical bill.

I DON'T NO HOW LONG IT'S GOING TO TAKE TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. I HAVEN'T GONE TO BANK SINCE LAST 2 YEARS FOR ANY WORK DUE TO ONLINE SERVICES WHICH GOVERNMENT WANTS COMMON PEOPLE TO DO I.E. DIGITAL INDIA. HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN VISITING MSEDCL OFFICE ON ALL THEIR WORKING SATURDAY'S SINCE JULY 017. BUT NO LUCK TILL DATE.

CAN GRAHAKSEVA ASSIST ME IN THIS MATTER.

BEST REGARDS

ISAAC SELVARAJ

MOB 2437

Isaac Selvaraj

Can anyone assist me in submitting a petition to consumer court as I don't want to run to local offices due to their mistake.